Solar feasibility studies and solar site surveys:
Solar feasibility studies and solar site surveys performed by GDISolar ensure that your project is both technically and financially viable. GDIsolar examines your solar design, engineering, and project details, revealing technical, rate, incentive, and site survey issues that may cause project delays or have a significant impact on project ROI.
Our experienced solar engineers and site-survey professionals can travel to your solar or energy storage project to collect on-site technical data, confirm installation feasibility, expedite permit approvals, and streamline the overall solar and energy storage construction process.
Site surveys and feasibility studies are designed to address the client’s technical, financial, incentive, and regulatory concerns.
- Determination of the maximum system size permissible based on existing site, utility infrastructure, and other site or interconnection factors.
- Evaluation and recommendation for equipment replacement due to project defects, fire, or extreme weather events.
- Assessing and recommending switchgear and transformer upgrades.
- Code compliance analysis of roof and ground-mounted area shading, structural, and land analysis.
- Technical design review for the project to meet IS codes, utility requirements, tax incentives, grants, and other financial incentives in a cost-effective manner.
- Assess structural seismic load compliance.
- Identifying logistics in order to locate roof access points, staging areas, locked fences/gates, potential inverter locations, points of interconnection, roof condition, and electrical distribution panels.
- Examining existing project information, such as construction single line diagrams, structural considerations, and potential improvements.
- Financial and technical assessments for integrating energy storage into an existing PV system for peak shaving, backup, grid services, and so on.
- Examine existing system designs for savings on conduit, wiring, and other BOS and unnecessary upgrades.
- Recognize electrical, structural code, and permitting issues.