Commercial Solar Energy Engineering & Design
GDIsolar is trusted by commercial, industrial, and agricultural solar and energy storage EPCs and developers to deliver complete permit-ready plan sets that ensure code compliance, reduce labor and material costs, and keep solar project timelines on track.
NABCEP-certified engineers at GDIsolar take into account all utility and permitting requirements, as well as project location and constraints. GDIsolar designs and engineers commercial systems to maximize solar generation, reduce efficiency losses, and uncover equipment and BOS savings after a commercial solar project kick-off call with a senior engineer to discuss further details and objectives.
Commercial Solar Design Packages in Their Entirety:
Our permit-ready commercial solar and energy storage design packages are tailored to your local authority having jurisdiction (AHJ) and utility specifications. Typically, each plan set includes:
- Project Description
- Construction Notes
- Governing Codes
- Site Plan
- PV Layout
- Mounting & Racking Methods
- Electrical Details
- Three-Line Electrical Diagram
- Electrical Calculations
- Parts List and Required Safety Placards
- Data Sheets for Modules, Inverters, Racking, Mounting
- Elevation views as needed for certain jurisdictions
- Other requirements as specified by your AHJ
Commercial Solar Design Services in Their Entirety:
GDIsolar provides a full range of design and engineering services for all commercial, industrial, agricultural, municipal, university, school, and hospital applications. Commercial solar engineers at GDIsolar create systems for:
- Permitting and interconnection
- Solar carports and canopies
- EV charging stations for parking lots
- Single axis-tracker system design
- Ballasted and unballasted rooftops
- Aggregated meters for warehouses and compounds
- Agriculture and cold storage
- Building integrated photovoltaic (BIPV)
- Floating photovoltaic systems (Floatovoltaics)
- AC- and DC-coupled energy storage systems for net energy metering, peak shaving, emergency backup, utility infrastructure deferral, and TOU arbitrage
- New construction
C&I Solar & Energy Storage Pre-Contract Support:
- Preliminary consultation to assist you in optimizing your commercial solar PV project in terms of cost, efficiency, and other project requirements.
- Analyze the feasibility (electrical and structural)
- Wire diagrams and roof layouts with a sales focus for use in sales proposals or utility interconnection applications.
- Research and equipment recommendations
- Services for commercial risk management project consulting
- Modules, inverters, trackers, storage, and BOS components of the project were evaluated in terms of engineering.
- Making sales proposals
- Performance and financial modeling of commercial energy storage
Professional Engineer (P.E.) Stamps for Commercial Projects in All 50 States:
Whether or not your state or jurisdiction requires an electrical or structural P.E. stamp, electrical and structural P.E. stamps demonstrate to your clients that your commercial solar or storage project was designed and engineered to provide the highest level of safety and performance.
A structural and electrical seal from a professional engineer shows that you went the extra mile to review your commercial project design with a third-party engineering firm, confirming that your project meets or exceeds all prevailing electrical and/or structural codes, permitting requirements, and safety standards. GDIsolar offers:
Stamps for electrical P.E. (wet or digital)
Stamps for structural P.E. (wet or digital)
Commercial Design, Construction, and Modifications:
GDIsolar works with installers, developers, project managers, asset managers, and owners to make any changes to their commercial solar project that are required or desired:
GDIsolar revises plans to ensure compliance with AHJ and utility codes and standards for inspections, commissioning, and permitting.
Update commercial solar designs to reflect changes in module, inverter, and BOS equipment.
Integrate energy storage into existing projects.
Field technical support for commercial project construction teams